Question: How Do I Know If Mold Is Making Me Sick?

What are the symptoms of mold exposure?

If they come into contact with mold, they may experience symptoms, such as:a runny or blocked nose.watery, red eyes.a dry cough.skin rashes.a sore throat.sinusitis.wheezing..

Can mold be making me sick?

In some cases, mold in your home can make you sick, especially if you have allergies or asthma. Whether or not you’re allergic to molds, mold exposure can irritate your eyes, skin, nose, throat, and lungs. Here’s what you can do to combat mold problems, and take care of yourself and your home.

How long does it take for mold to affect you?

Level of Mold Exposure If you have a strong immunity, it may take a few minutes or hours to start noticing early symptoms of mold exposure. Sensitive individuals may notice the symptoms as soon as they are exposed to mold, which includes sneezing, coughing, watery eyes, and itchy skin.

How do you detox your body from mold?

Strategies to detox from mold I also recommend liver detox support like glutathione, NAC, milk thistle, minerals, vitamin C and the B vitamins. Sweating via exercise or a sauna is another great way to reduce mycotoxin levels in the body.

How do you treat mold sickness?

These include:Nasal corticosteroids. These nasal sprays help prevent and treat the inflammation caused by an upper respiratory mold allergy. … Antihistamines. These medications can help with itching, sneezing and runny nose. … Oral decongestants. … Decongestant nasal sprays. … Montelukast.

How do you test if mold is making you sick?

If your Total Body Burden is high, or you are genetically predisposed to recycling toxins, regular exposure to mold can cause allergy symptoms, such as:Wheezing/shortness of breath.Rash.Watery eyes.Runny nose.Itchy eyes.Coughing.Redness of the eyes.Long standing or frequent sinusitis.