- When can Lok Sabha be dissolved?
- What is a zero hour?
- What is the duration of Question Hour?
- Can the Lok Sabha be dissolved?
- What happens to a money bill which having been passed by the Lok Sabha and sent to the Rajya Sabha but is not returned within 14 days?
- What will be happened if President summons for the joint session of parliament and in the meantime Lok Sabha dissolved?
- What does the rule of lapse mean?
- What is duration of Zero Hour in Lok Sabha?
- What is Rule 377 in Lok Sabha?
When can Lok Sabha be dissolved?
The life of the present Lok Sabha is, therefore, to expire on June 3, 2019, unless the President dissolves it earlier.
A statement showing the last dates of the polls, dates of the constitution, first sitting and expiration of term and dissolution of the First to Fifteenth Lok Sabha is attached..
What is a zero hour?
Zero Hour may refer to: Midnight, or 00:00. Zero Hour (military designation), the scheduled time for the start of some event, especially a military operation. Zero Hour, the time of a sitting session of India’s Lok Sabha.
What is the duration of Question Hour?
The notice duration used to be a minimum of 10 days or maximum of 21 days. The Speaker now has the authority to direct answers to a starred question asked by a member in case of his or her absence on the day their name was called.
Can the Lok Sabha be dissolved?
The President summons both the Houses (the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha) of the Parliament and prorogues them. They also have the power to dissolve the Lok Sabha pursuant to Article 85(2)(b). When Parliament is dissolved, all bills pending within the Lok Sabha lapse.
What happens to a money bill which having been passed by the Lok Sabha and sent to the Rajya Sabha but is not returned within 14 days?
The Rajya Sabha may not amend money bills but can recommend amendments. … A money bill must be returned to the Lok Sabha within 14 days, or the bill is deemed to have passed both houses in the form it was originally passed by the Lok Sabha.
What will be happened if President summons for the joint session of parliament and in the meantime Lok Sabha dissolved?
What will happen if President summons for the joint session of parliament and in the meantime, Lok Sabha dissolved? If the President summons a joint sitting and in the meanwhile, the Lok Sabha dissolves, then the joint sitting takes place despite the dissolution of the Lower House.
What does the rule of lapse mean?
1) All pending bills in Parliament lapse with its propagation. 2) The demand for grants of a ministry lapse with criticism of its policy by the opposition. 3) All appropriations voted by the legislature expire at the end of the financial year.
What is duration of Zero Hour in Lok Sabha?
30 minutesThe total time allocated for Zero Hour is 30 minutes wherein a member gets three minutes to raise the issue. The session should be completed before 1 pm. It was during the 1960s when several issues of national and international importance used to be raised by members of Parliament immediately after Question Hour.
What is Rule 377 in Lok Sabha?
The Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs takes follow-up action on matters raised under Rule 377 of the Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business in Lok Sabha and by way of Special Mentions in Rajya Sabha. Also after ‘Question Hour’ in both the Houses of Parliament, Members raise matters of urgent public importance.